Gear Up to Fit is dedicated to inspiring, motivate, and empower others to get fit and live a healthy lifestyle.
Our mission is to deliver the most current health and fitness information that is authoritative, trustworthy, and accessible.
No matter what, stay positive, work hard, and make it happen!
Hi everyone, and welcome to our website Gear Up to Fit.
Running has always been a passion of mine since I was five years old. It’s my time out, is the time to be with myself and be myself. Running is the time to forget the day’s worries or even get ideas for solving any problem.
Hence, it does not only keeps me fit and healthy, but it also helps me cope with the problems of life and has helped me get through some pretty tough times.
Running: Psychotherapy or Physical Health?
The main aspect of running to most of us is what it does for our health:
- strengthens muscles
- helps reduce the risk of having a stroke
- improve cardiovascular fitness
- enables you to lose or maintain weight
- helps to build strong bones.
Above all, running also has significant beneficial effects on human psychology:
- boosts your confidence and self-esteem
- relieves Stress
- helps eliminate Depression
- increases your Concentration
- helps improve your Memory.
Set Yourself A Goal
In order to stay focused and motivated, you must have a goal, however big or small. Goals are your road map to success. Therefore, in order to achieve your goals, you can use the SMART principle:
- S = Specific. Make your goals precise. Set a specific time, speed, and time frame to achieve each goal.
- M = Measurable. Measure and monitor your improvement with a GSP stopwatch.
- A = Achievable. Your goals must be achievable. This could be running 10k or 20K, but finishing at the top 10 in that race may not.
- R = Realistic. Setting a realistic target, like improving your half-marathon time by up to 10 min, rather than an hour.
- T = Time-related. Define your goals in a specific time frame to create a deadline to work towards them.
The Goal of the Site
Our site aims at inspiring other people to stay motivated to be active and get fit. To embrace fitness and experience a sense of accomplishment through learning to exercise. To experience the mental health benefits of exercising and to increase their self-confidence by being active.
Create your own running story!
All the best,
Gear Up to Fit team