Lydiard, Daniels, Maffetone, Canova, Pfaff, Tellez. In the world of running, we tend to throw out names of well-known coaches and say that we train
In this episode, we explore the models of training that have stood the test of time. We delve into what their original training looked like, how it changed, and what stuck in our coaching education.
We cover a range of topics including:
- Ernst Van Aaken and the pure endurance method
- The Original Lydiard- We forgot about the hills and speed!
- The Intensity vs. Volume debate
- Designing Workouts for Physiology, Psychology, Biomechanics, or Fun!
- Stephen Seiller’s work on endurance training.
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Share your thoughts with us on social media:
Ways to Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast: