A message from Adam Zeitsiff, Gold’s Gym President and CEO.
Racism has no place in our gyms, our communities or in our country. At Gold’s Gym, we don’t care what color your skin is. We don’t care where you were born. We don’t care who you love. We care that you’re on a journey toward making fitness and wellness an important part of your life. Racism in any way, shape or form is not tolerated at Gold’s Gym.
Over the past week, I have taken time to stop, listen, think and educate myself. The deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and countless others has shone a much-needed spotlight on the systemic racism and patterns of social injustice impacting the lives of our friends, family and neighbors every day.
Black lives matter. Black lives are an important part of the Gold’s Gym family and the global fitness community. Gold’s Gym has always opened our doors for anyone who wants to be a part of our family. Now is the time to further open our hearts and minds and act as a brand to help spur change by:
- Creating a diversity taskforce to examine our organization from a 360-degree view, to identify where we can strengthen our commitment to inclusion and acceptance and implement programs to do just that.
- Engaging team members to understand their thoughts and feelings and asking for their ideas on the most important and active ways we can continue to fight for racial justice.
- Identifying ways to better incorporate our longtime no-tolerance policy into our company mission, vision and values to explicitly and proudly state that people of any color, race, religion and orientation are always welcome here.
- Creating a home on our website to share updates and progress on our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Identifying local community organizations committed to eliminating racial inequality that need our support.
Change will not come overnight, and we pledge our long-term commitment to this fight. Inclusion and acceptance are at the core of who we are, and we know we are stronger together.