You might have read how Stress causes Weight Gain. If not, read it here.
Let’s find out how to De-Stress and Lose Weight –
- Love your body. There is no exception to this rule. When you are stressed,take a nice massage. You will feel good about yourself.
- Be thankful to God , Be Optimistic and Stay Blessed. Inner peace regulates your body to a great extent.
- Spare time for things you love to do like Painting, Gardening, Reading etc. This will distract your mind from small worries and you will be able to lose weight faster.
- Think of better options always. For example – Jogging or killing time sitting idle, eating samosa or a healthy yet yummy dish. You are smart enough to make a smart choice !
- Laugh like a Kid :P. Watch a comedy ! There is a saying that Smile is a cuve which sets everything straight :). I used to watch an episode of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai after returning to office. I just loved it and laughed aloud !
- Be in touch with family and friends. Gossip helps us forget small issues ;). Sharing your problems with a loved one helps overcome stress.
- Learn to accept changes with open mind. Change is the only permanent thing in the world.
- While speaking to your partner , go out together and take a walk. Fresh air makes us so much better.
- Have a partner in your weight loss journey in gymn. This keeps us motivated to workout better every single day. If you don’t have company, ask your family or spouse to support you. Nowadays when I am at home, the moment I think of eating something nice(read carbs 😛 ), my mum yells “Noooooooooooooo ” 😛 😛
- Dress up. It makes you feel so good about yourself.
- Pay regular visits to Parlour.
- Leave your office worries there when you enter home.
- Have fun with kids :). You can also have a Pet. If you love Dogs, you will know how great stress buster they are ! Dogs also make you exercise 😉
- Don’t worry about things which you can’t control. Let it go.
- Yoga and meditation are great ways to relax. Hot yoga, Power yoga, Ashthanga yoga include effective exercises. Yoga adds to your body’s flexibility too. The more you excercise, the more fat you will lose.
- Snack in between your meals. This will prevent you from Emotional Eating.
- Gymn, Aerobics, Dance, Swimming, Running – all physical activities help relieve stress and also lose weight.
- Treat yourself sometime. Eat what you love but in control 😉
- Communication is a blessing. If you are angry, talk and sort it out. Don’t crib by keeping things to yourself.
- Take a break from work once in a few months and go see the world around you. Plan your vacations in advance. It will keep you excited :). I am super excited when I plan my vacation and book tickets . I keep counting days till THE DAY arrives :P.
I laughed, Did you 🙂 ?
If you have any more ideas to De-Stress and Lose Weight, do let us know 🙂
Image Source – 1
You may also like reading –