Most of us experience nostalgia at seeing our old pictures. But isn’t it true that most of us think, especially women that “I was so fit back then”? We all have that small wish to get back to shape. So do men also feel the same? Yes! Men also feel the same. Everybody loves to be fit and healthy. This Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan For Men will help you get back to your old self.
Many people believe that when it comes to weight loss, men have an advantage. But is it true? It is neither completely true nor false. Men tend to have more lean muscle tissue, which burns more calories, even during rest. Thus, even after cutting down the same number of calories men lose more weight than females. But this is a short term effect. Eventually both genders even out while losing weight.
Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan For Men:
- Energy: Men have a higher basal metabolic rate (BMR) than women, a 1500 to 1600 calorie diet will give desired weight loss.
- Protein: A high protein diet will be beneficial for weight loss of males. 70 – 80 grams of protein per day is sufficient to reach the weight loss goal.
- Carbohydrates: A diet rich in complex carbohydrates and fiber aids the weight loss program. Try to avoid refined flours, processed foods, and junk which are devoid of any fiber. Consume as many vegetables and whole fruits as possible. This keeps you full for a longer period of time and helps binge eating. List of best complex carb foods in India.
- Fats: A low fat but high-quality fat is beneficial for weight loss. Consume omega 3 rich and high MUFA fats and oils. Rotate the different types of oils every few weeks to gain maximum benefits of all good oils. Olive oil, rice bran oil, groundnut oil, sesame oil, canola oil are some of the good quality oils that one can use on a daily basis. You can also choose the right cooking oil for you by checking the information for the best cooking oil for health and the best cooking oil for heart health.
Weight Loss Tips for Men:
Set a Weight Loss Target:
Have a clear goal and realistic target which is achievable. Keep reminding yourself whenever you think of giving up.
The body needs sufficient water to function properly. Just to add more variety you can have infused water. Cucumbers, fruits, mint, lemons, spices are a few ingredients that are a good option for infused water. Green tea, black tea, black coffee also help cut down calorie intake if taken in appropriate amounts.
Junk food is high in empty calories leading to weight gain. It is always better to stack on the healthy finger foods for the hunger pangs in between the meals. Healthy snacking options are roasted makhana, nuts, and seeds, roasted chana, sprouts, salads, smoothies, etc.
Some people tend to forget what they had and how much they had. Thus, it is advisable to list down the foods and it amounts as soon as you consume it. This helps to track down where you are going wrong in the diet and where you need improvement. Check out these top 5 fitness apps that can help you in the process.
With a very busy schedule people skip food to save time. But this skipped food is the culprit behind the extra calorie intake in the next immediate meal. Consuming the required amount of foods at appropriate time indirectly helps in weight reduction.
Don’t shop when hungry:
When we are hungry we only notice food items on the store racks. We tend to buy Junk and more than the required amount of food. It is thus, advisable to go for grocery shopping after meals.
It is always better to learn and cook your own food. This gives you an idea of what all ingredients to use and how much to use. You can modify the dish according to your taste and liking. Our recipe section has some really easy and simple ones that you can start with.
Men have an advantage over muscles can do an equal amount of cardio and resistance training. More muscle mass indicates more metabolic rate of the body. This helps to lose weight fast. The only key is to focus on whole-body rather than only arms or abs or legs. Workout for at least 30 – 45 minutes daily for the desired effect. With these few more modifications in the lifestyle will help you keep active like
- Parking the car a few blocks away from the workplace.
- Taking stairs whenever possible.
- Do desk exercises once or twice a day.
- On off days take up outdoor recreational activities like swimming or cycling or play outdoor games.
- Combine your workouts with yoga for better mental and physical health.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for watching such informative videos.
Minimize meeting around meal timings:
Try and avoid arranging work meetings around the food tables. Schedule the meets just after meals so you cut down on ingesting outside junk food.
The culture of meeting over the drinks is on the rise. Binge drinking can cause excess weight gain and disrupts the lipid profile of an individual. Avoid such situations as much as possible.
Do not compromise on sleep:
The body needs a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of sound sleep to function efficiently. Lack of sleep increases the cortisol hormone in the body that indirectly hinders weight loss. Try relaxation techniques like mediation, yoga, or taking up some hobby which will help relax your mind. Benefits of good sleep in weight loss.
Sample of Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan For Men:
Here is a sample chart of the Indian weight loss diet plan for men.
|Early morning:||1 Glass Green Juice (palak + mint + dudhi + ginger) OR
a glass of warm water with lemon OR
Egg nog ( if you are into strength training)
|Breakfast:||1 Cup Poha/ Upma + ½ cup Sprouts/ 2 Boiled egg whites
1 glass Smoothie (1 tablespoon oats + 4 – 6 almonds / walnuts + 1 fruit + 1 cup milk/ curd + 1 teaspoon chia seeds)
|Mid-morning:||1 Tablespoon sattu in 1 glass buttermilk
½ cup Nuts (2 -3 walnuts, 2 – 3almonds, 1 dry date, 1 tspn pumpkin seeds)
½ cup roasted chana
|Lunch:||1 cup Green Salad +
2 Chapatis or 1 Cup Brown rice +
1 cup Vegetable +
1 cup Curd or Dal 100 gms chicken or fish
|Mid-afternoon:||1 Cup green tea OR Regular tea with ginger Or Buttermilk|
|Snacks:||1 fruit ( melons and citrus fruits support weight loss)|
|Dinner:||1 Cup Vegetable soup +
2 small Millet Roti +
1 cup Green Vegetable +
1 cup dal / kadhi / egg curry
A little motivation for weight loss and proper guidance drives you to your target weight and health. A doable modification in the diet helps you to stick to your healthy diet regimen for a longer period of time. Do not lose hope and enjoy the process of being healthy.