Reach for these tangy, low-carb keto lemon bars whenever you’re craving something sweet!
If you’re on keto and craving something refreshingly sour, these lemon bars are right up your alley. They’re naturally sweet, easy to make, and fit into any keto plan!
Make a big batch to share with others or stash them in the fridge to snack on throughout the week.
Curious about ketosis?
Click here to get the FREE Easy Keto Guide to learn the right way to go keto!
Making The Gluten-Free Crust
To cut the grains, we opt for a pillowy crust made with blanched almond flour and vanilla. This creates a chewy texture that’s similar to shortbread, but with a nutty flavor. It’s a combo that works great for both sweet and savory recipes (like quiche), plus it holds up well without easily crumbling.
Perfecting The Zesty Lemon Layer
The lemon layer of these bars contains all the lip-puckering flavors you’d expect. We use fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to amp up that citrus taste, while an egg helps creates a curd-like texture that bakes up velvety soft in the oven.
For sweetness, we ditch refined sugars and use monk fruit sweetener instead. Since it’s much sweeter than traditional sugar, you’ll only need one teaspoon to get the job done. Be careful not to use any more than that, or it could result in an overly bitter flavor.
If you’re not following a keto diet, add half a cup of raw honey into the lemon filling and omit the monk fruit sweetener. This will mellow out the tang and give it more of a sticky-sweet taste.
Helpful Tips To Get Started:
- Poke holes in the crust before baking. This will prevent air bubbles from creating an uneven surface.
- Give them time before you slice. Wait until the keto lemon bars have fully chilled before slicing them up. Cutting into them too soon could result in a runny mess!
- Keep leftovers handy. You can store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Total time:3 hrs
Inactive Time:2 hrs 30 mins 2 hours 30 minutes
Cook Time:28 mins 28 minutes
Prep Time: 15 mins 15 minutes
Nutrition facts:4 grams of protein3 grams of carbohydrates10 grams of fat
Refreshingly Tart Keto Lemon Bars
Reach for these tangy, low-carb lemon bars whenever you’re craving something sweet.
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- To Make the Crust: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, monk fruit, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, ghee, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry and use a fork to whip the mixture into a moist dough.
- Pour the dough into the pan and gently press down with your fingertips.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the dough (about 15-20 times) and bake for 10 minutes.
- To Make the Lemon Layer: While the crust bakes, whisk all the ingredients for the lemon layer in a medium mixing bowl until fully combined, then set aside.
- Remove the baked crust from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325ºF. Pour the lemon filling evenly over the hot crust and return it back to the oven. Bake for 18 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Transfer them to the fridge to chill for 2 hours, then slice into 16 bars. Serve and enjoy!
Get even more incredibly low-carb treats in our Keto Sweets cookbook! You’ll enjoy fat-burning desserts like mint chip ice cream, bacon-filled chocolate, and chocolate chip cookie cake. There’s no sugar, gluten, processed grains, or soy to be found here, and each recipe contains 10g of net carbs or under. Get the book shipped to your door for FREE – just pay for shipping!
Keto is one of the hottest new diets right now – with good reason! It melts fat and trims your tummy fast. With our Keto Sweets cookbook, you can do while still enjoying delicious sweets and desserts!
Enjoy cookies, cakes, and ice
cream and stay in fat-burning
ketosis with this FREE Keto
Enjoy cookies, cakes,
and ice cream and stay
in fat-burning ketosis
with this FREE Keto