Last updated: 08-Nov-17
We’re excited to find out from you as to who you think is the best blogger about long distance running. We’ve started the ball rolling with a list for starters but we want to hear from you as to who’s the best.
Here’s a full guide to the launch of our RunUltra Blogger Awards 2018 with our most frequently asked questions.
We encourage everyone to use the hashtag #RunUltraBlog18 to spread the word about the award.
We’ll be issuing a special voting logo to bloggers shortlisted on Monday December 4th 2017, to help them to get as many votes as possible.
All voters sharing their details on the voting page between December 4th 2017 and January 14th 2018 also have the chance to win a Suunto watch from the Trainer range as described below.
View our very worthy 2017 RunUltra Blogger Award winners of our last contest.
*Ts and Cs apply.
Suunto Spart Ultra sports watch (Black or White).
Weds 8th November
|Launch of RunUltra Blogger of the Year 2018 Contest.|
Weds 29th November Midnight
|Deadline for all nominations on the blog launch page.|
Mon 4th December
|Announce shortlist of bloggers for overall award and for each region. Voting begins.|
Sun 14th January 2018 Midnight
|Deadline for voting for the Blogger shortlist.|
Thurs 18th January 2018
|Announcement of winner of the award for each category:|
|Finalists (up to 6)|
|Regional Winners (7)|
|UK, Europe, N America, S America & Caribbean, Asia & Pacific, Middle East, Africa winner + a regional finalist.|
|Total of 21 winners|
Q. Can you nominate more than one blogger?
A. Yes, you can nominate more than one blogger.
Q. How do I nominate myself or a blogger?
A. Go to our blogger list and add a comment to suggest the name and URL of a blogger.
Q. What type of blog would qualify to be nominated?
A. To qualify the blog should be about long distance running: i.e. an ultra, any long distance race, sky running, trail race, marathon, training experience, nutrition, interesting story, top 10 list, interview, piece of advice, race reviews etc.
Q. How many times can I vote from the shortlist?
A. You can vote once for a blogger during the voting period from 4th December 2017 to 14th January 2018.
Q. Do you have to be a resident of the specific region for the regional award?
A. We recognise that bloggers can live anywhere so your country of residence does not matter but the regional content of the blog will determine if it qualifies.
Q. How will the final winner be chosen?
A. Our members will be the ones to choose our winners so this is your chance to have your say and to use your member vote.
Q. Does the blog have to be in English?
A. No the blog does not have to be in English. We support the translation of our website into 100 languages and it’s you who will choose our global winner so it can be in any of the languages supported by Google Translate.
Terms and conditions for entry into the RunUltra Blogger Award 2018
- A SUUNTO Spartan Ultra sports watch will be offered to the overall winner of the #RunUltraBlog18 Award.
- Nominations are open to all those aged 18 or over. You can vote once for one blogger.
- All nominations must be made by adding your suggested blogger name with blog URL and Twitter handle to the comments section of our blogger list page before midnight (23:59) GMT on Wednesday 29th November 2017.
- We cannot accept responsibility for late entries. Entry cannot be accepted if the entrant’s name and email are not provided.
- The blogger shortlist will be announced on Monday 4th December 2017 on RunUltra’s Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages. The name of those shortlisted will also be announced in the following RunUltra email newsletter.
- Those shortlisted will also be contacted by RunUltra via email and/or by social media to let them know.
- Voting on the short list will start on Monday 4th December 2017 and all votes must be cast by midnight (23:59) GMT on Sunday 14th January 2018. All those who take part in voting will be entered into a prize draw to win a SUUNTO Spartan Trainer Watch.
- All votes are tracked by IP address and the purchase of votes is strictly prohibited. Anyone deemed to have purchased votes will be disqualified from the Award programme.
- The winner of the Overall RunUltra Blogger Award 2018 and winners for each regional category will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date and will be announced on our website, on our social channels and by newsletter.
- RunUltra reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
- The prize winners are solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under the promotion to HMRC and any other local tax authority and for paying any tax liability which may arise.
- RunUltra reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event.
- By participating in this promotion, the prize winner grants RunUltra permission to use their names and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited).
- RunUltra reserves the right not to award a prize for a region if it is deemed there are not enough entries to make an award.
- The data provided by entrants during voting will be used by Run Ultra and SUUNTO for future marketing (on an opt in basis) and all voters agree to the use of their data for marketing. Entrants can unsubscribe from email communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link from these two companies.
- The Prize is redeemable only by the named winner and must not be sold onto any other party. Entry implies acceptance of these rules. RunUltra’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. RunUltra: RunUltra Endurance Ltd, Nower End, Nower Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 3BX, United Kingdom.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This contest is not open to those who are employees or members of the RunUltra team.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- SUUNTO is a sponsor of this contest.
Terms and Conditions last updated 7 November 2017.