In episode 108, we dive into what it takes to become a championship level athlete, whether that championship is at the high school state meet, the NCAA championships, or a national or international title. covered include:
- The importance of developing the athlete, the person staring back at you.
- Raising the Floor versus Ceiling
- It matters more to put yourself in the position to win consistently, then to actually win.
- Lessons from Michael Jordan
- Lessons from Alan Webb and how he wasn’t a high mileage runner, but he was a high volume one!
As a note, we are offering a 50% off of the HPW The Scholar Program, use the COUPON: STRONGERTOGETHER
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Visit our Sponsor
Final Surge is a training log designed for athletes, coaches, and teams. They are giving listeners of the podcast 10% off by using the coupon code ONCOACHING
For coaches, it makes assigning workouts and designing training plans a breeze. It allows copious amounts of feedback from athletes, and even a message board for your athletes to interact, creating team bonding from afar. For athletes, it’s a sophisticated log that can track just about everything.
How do we know it’s good? I utilize Final Surge with my athletes as a way to plan, track, and receive feedback on all of their training.
Check out Final Surge and receive 10% off by visiting http://www.finalsurge.com/oncoaching and using the coupon code ONCOACHING
Share your thoughts with us on social media:
Ways to Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast: