Are you serious, committed, willing to put in all the work? If so, you’re a coaches dream. But your commitment can hold you back if it comes from the wrong place. In episode 109, we discuss the difference between being serious and obsessive about your craft and how that impacts your long term development. Topics covered include:
- Serious = sustainable and caring
- Obsessive = Driven by fear, angst. Almost like an addiction
- Being secure vs. insecure in who you are and your confidence in your abilities often determines what route you go.
- The role enjoyment plays in development as an athlete.
- How do we cultivate athletes who are serious and committed, but have the self-awareness to step back when they are headed towards obsession?
- The interplay between hard and easy training. And why recovery training is vital to “fill your bucket” back up.
As a note, we are offering a 50% off of the HPW The Scholar Program, use the COUPON: STRONGERTOGETHER
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Visit our Sponsor
Final Surge is a training log designed for athletes, coaches, and teams. They are giving listeners of the podcast 10% off by using the coupon code ONCOACHING
For coaches, it makes assigning workouts and designing training plans a breeze. It allows copious amounts of feedback from athletes, and even a message board for your athletes to interact, creating team bonding from afar. For athletes, it’s a sophisticated log that can track just about everything.
How do we know it’s good? I utilize Final Surge with my athletes as a way to plan, track, and receive feedback on all of their training.
Check out Final Surge and receive 10% off by visiting http://www.finalsurge.com/oncoaching and using the coupon code ONCOACHING
Share your thoughts with us on social media:
Ways to Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast: