If you’re looking for ways to stay active while social distancing, here are some of the best fitness hacks for 2021, you should try out.
In 2020, we saw the world change drastically due to COVID-19. While many people are still stuck at home, others try to find ways to stay fit and healthy during these challenging times.
Fitness is one of those things that people tend to do because they want to look better or feel better about themselves. But what if we told you that you could get all of these benefits without having to spend hours at the gym? Well, it’s true! There are many ways to get fit and healthy without spending hours at the gym. Here are some of our favorite fitness hacks for the new year.
1. Workout in Your Living Room
The living room can be a great place to work out. You don’t have to worry about leaving your house when you exercise; instead, you can just work out from wherever you happen to be sitting. This means that you won’t need any equipment other than yourself. If you’ve got an old treadmill lying around, this might be the perfect time to use it. Just make sure not to overdo it with too much running on the machine. Instead, focus more on cardio exercises like walking, jogging, swimming, etc.
Benefits of Workout in Your Living Room
- Exercise at home without having to leave the house
- Save money by avoiding gym fees
- Stay healthy and active
- Workout anywhere, anytime
- Improve your health and fitness
- Create a fun environment for exercise
- Reduce stress and anxiety
2. Use Exercise Balls as Dumbbells
You probably already know how useful exercise balls are. They help strengthen muscles by providing resistance against gravity. However, did you also know that you can actually use them as dumbbells? All you need to do is put two small weights inside each ball and then hold onto them using both hands. The result will be similar to holding actual dumbbells.
- Use exercise balls as dumbbells
- Easier than using real weights
- Can be used anywhere
- Great for home workouts
- Great for travel
- Easy to store
- Great for beginners
3. Do Yoga From Home With These Simple Moves
Yoga has been proven to improve flexibility, balance, strength, and even mental health. It doesn’t matter whether you’re doing yoga poses standing up or seated down — there are plenty of options available. For example, you can perform simple twists such as shoulder stands, side bends, forward folds, backbends, and headstands. Or, you can practice more advanced moves such as downward dog, warrior pose, cobra pose, triangle pose, cat/cow pose, tree pose, bow pose, and child’s pose.
- Improve flexibility and strength
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Boost energy levels
- Increase focus and concentration
- Improve posture and balance
- Help prevent injury
- Enhance sleep
4. Perform Cardio Exercises Using Household Items
Cardiovascular activities include anything that gets your heart rate up. Whether you prefer indoor cycling, outdoor biking, hiking, dancing, jumping rope, skipping, or playing basketball, you can always incorporate cardiovascular activity into your daily routine. One thing that makes exercising indoors easier is that most household items can double as weightlifting tools. So, rather than lifting heavy objects, you can lift light ones. Some examples include:
- A broomstick
- An empty water bottle
- A shoe box filled with sand
- Perform cardio exercises using household items
- Great workout routine for beginners
- Can be done anywhere at anytime
- Don’t need to go to gym
- No need to buy expensive equipment
- Don’t need to join a fitness club
- No need to spend money on membership fees
5. Stretch Before Bedtime
Stretching before bedtime helps prevent soreness after sleeping. In addition, stretching increases blood flow throughout the body, which improves circulation and reduces fatigue. Stretches should be done slowly and gently so that no pain occurs. Try performing stretches while watching TV, listening to music, reading books, or taking naps.
- Helps prevent bedwetting by encouraging kids to go to sleep when they are ready.
- Provides a comfortable, supportive environment for children to relax before going to sleep.
- Can help reduce nighttime waking and restless sleeping.
- Allows children to learn how to get themselves back to sleep if they wake up during the night.
- Can help prevent nightmares.
- Helps improve sleep hygiene.
- Can help promote healthy sleep habits.
6. Walk While Watching Television
Walking during television shows isn’t only good for your physical well-being, but it can also boost your mood. Studies show that people who walk while watching television tend to feel happier and less stressed than those who sit still. Plus, if you want to lose weight, walking while watching television burns calories faster than normal sedentary behavior.
- Walk while watching television
- Easy to use
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Suitable for people of all ages
- Great for fitness
- Comfortable to wear
7. Take Advantage Of Free Classes Offered By Local Gyms
Gyms offer free classes every day. You don’t have to pay a dime just because you want to learn new skills. There are many fitness classes offered at gyms, including Zumba, spinning, kickboxing, boot camp, Pilates, dance, circuit training, kettlebells, boxing, martial arts, and others. If you aren’t sure what class would benefit you best, ask an instructor about their favorite workout routines.
- FREE classes
- Unlimited access to equipment
- Save money by not having to pay membership fees
- Gain strength and fitness
- Stay motivated
- Improve your health
- Learn new skills
8. Workout in Your Car
If you work out on your way home from work, try working out inside your car instead of sitting in traffic. This allows you to get some exercise without having to leave your vehicle. However, make sure not to overdo it by driving too fast since this could lead to accidents. Instead, drive safely and gradually increase speed until you reach your desired pace.
- Improve your fitness level by working out in your car.
- Save money by not having to pay gym fees.
- No need to join a gym.
- Workout anywhere, anytime.
- Exercise in your own environment.
- No need for expensive equipment.
- No need of a personal trainer.
9. Use Exercise Balls To Improve Balance And Flexibility
Exercise balls provide stability when used correctly. They help improve balance and flexibility. For example, they allow you to perform squats, lunges, pushups, planks, crunches, and other core strengthening movements. The ball provides resistance against gravity allowing muscles to stretch further than usual. It also prevents injuries caused by falling due to poor posture.
- Improves balance and flexibility
- Great for kids
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Available in different colors
- Easy to use
- Safe for kids
10. Do Yoga With Friends
Yoga has been proven to reduce stress levels and anxiety. When practiced regularly, yoga can even enhance self-confidence and mental clarity. One study found that practicing yoga twice per week for 12 weeks helped participants become more confident and relaxed. Another study showed that regular practice of yoga reduced depression symptoms among women suffering from postpartum depression.
- Stretch and strengthen your body and mind
- Improve balance and coordination
- Increase flexibility
- Learn how to breathe properly
- Relax and de-stress
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Feel better about yourself
In conclusion, there are so many great reasons why you should start exercising today. Whether you prefer cardio workouts, weightlifting, running, swimming, cycling, dancing, or any other type of activity, you will find something that works well for you. Just remember to keep up with your routine as often as possible. Make time for physical activities throughout the day. Don’t wait till tomorrow morning to begin your journey towards good health. Start now!