If you are looking for a premium multisport GPS watch that can handle any outdoor adventure, you might be interested in the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus series. These watches are designed to be rugged, reliable, and feature-packed, but they also come in different sizes and styles to suit different preferences and needs. In this blog post, we will compare the three models in the Fenix 5 Plus series: the Fenix 5 Plus, the Fenix 5S Plus, and the Fenix 5X Plus. We will highlight their differences and similarities and help you decide which suits you best.
The Garmin Fenix 5 Plus series are multisport GPS watches offering advanced fitness, adventure, and navigation features. They are the predecessors of the Fenix 6 series and come in three different sizes: 5 Plus (47 mm), 5S Plus (42 mm), and 5X Plus (51 mm).
The main features of the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus series are:
- Transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors, and touchscreen
- Preloaded sport modes for various activities such as running, cycling, swimming, hiking, and more
- Up to 12 days long battery life in smartwatch mode (varies by model)
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer, and stopwatch
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields, and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store
- Built-in navigation sensors include GPS/GLONASS/Galileo support with preloaded TOPO maps and Trendline popularity routing
- Wrist-based heart rate monitor with advanced metrics such as VO2 max and training status
- Storage for up to 500 songs and compatibility with music streaming services such as Spotify
- Garmin Pay ready contactless payment solution that lets you pay with your watch
- Pulse oximeter sensor on the Fenix 5X Plus that measures blood oxygen levels
Check out the reviews of Garmin Fenix 5
The main differences of the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus series are:
The main differences between the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus, 5S Plus, and 5X Plus are their size, battery life, and features. According to the Garmin’s website, the 5S Plus is the smallest (42 mm) and lightest, suitable for narrow wrists. The 5 Plus is medium-sized (47 mm) and has a longer battery life than the 5S Plus. The 5X Plus is the largest (51 mm) and heaviest, but also has the most features such as a pulse oximeter sensor.
The Garmin Fenix 5 Plus series are multisport GPS watches offering advanced fitness, adventure, and navigation features. They are the predecessors of the Fenix 6 series and come in three different sizes:
- Fenix®️ Plus (47 mm),
- Fenix®️ Plus S (42 mm)
- Fenix®️ Plus X (51 mm).
Some differences between them are:
– Plus X has longest battery life upto 20 days🔋in smartwatch mode📱, 13 hrs⏰in GPS🛰️mode with music🎵and 70 hrs⏳in UltraTrac™️mode.
– Plus has battery life upto 12 days🔋in smartwatch📱mode,8 hrs⏰in GPS🛰️mode with music🎵and 42 hrs⏳in UltraTrac™️mode.
– Plus S has battery life upto 7 days🔋in smartwatch📱mode,4.5 hrs⏰in GPS🛰️mode with music🎵and 25 hrs⏳in UltraTrac™️mode.
Another difference between the models is their display size and resolution. The Fenix 5S Plus has a display size of 1.2 inches (30.4 mm) with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels. The Fenix 5 Plus has the same display size but a higher resolution of 260 x 260 pixels. The Fenix 5X Plus has a larger display size of 1.4 inches (35.6 mm) with a 280 x 280 pixels resolution. A larger display means more room for data fields, maps, and widgets but consumes more battery power.
– Only model featuring pulse oximeter sensor measuring blood oxygen saturation levels at high altitudes: Plus X.
– Preloaded full-color TOPO maps for North America or Europe depending on the region purchased: Plus X. Other models have basic maps showing nearby points of interest.
– Lightest model: Plus S: weighs between 65g & 69g, depending on the material case
|Feature||5 Plus||5S Plus||5X Plus|
|Case size (mm)||47||42||51|
|Display size (mm)||30.4||27.9||30.4|
|Display resolution (pixels)||240 x 240||240 x 240||240 x 240|
|Weight (g) with silicone band||86.0||65.0||96.0|
|Battery life (smartwatch mode) (days)||12||7||20|
|Battery life (GPS mode with music) (hours)||8||4.5||13|
|Music storage||Up to 500 songs||Up to 500 songs||Up to 1000 songs|
|Navigation||Full-color maps||Full-color maps||Full-color maps|
Alex is a passionate fitness enthusiast dedicated to helping people lead healthier, more active lifestyles. He encourages small – sustainable changes over drastic transformations and works with people to create customized wellness plans. His mission is to help others benefit from the most effective methods available, sharing tips, strategies, and health & fitness tools on Gearuptofit.com to inspire people to live their best lives.